B5 A4 to RS4 limo project

• Hello !
    My name is Krists and I am a real Audi hobbyist. I have finished my Audi S4 2.2T with more than 550hp (GT30R, programmable ECU, etc.), and now am looking for some other more serious and newer Audi project.
    I was really excited to see some of B5 RS4-sedan projects over the internet and want to build one for myself. But before starting to put the cash into this, I want to find out the main things I need to know. I am sure You could help me out a bit cause I've heard that your company has done the A4 to S4 conversion.

The first step should be to install A6 2.7T engine into the A4 body with less trouble possible.
    Then I have managed to find Audi A6 2.7T engine + 6 speed transmission for dirty cheap (1100 $), that is going to be installed in the B5 chassis.
    Secondly, there is full of cheap B5 A4 body cars around the country (aprox. 1500-2500 $) and that would be cheaper for me than buy damaged B5 S4 instead.
    Third, I found a good source for RS4 exterior parts (wings, doors,bumpers etc.) for aprox. 3000$ that should be fitted on the A4.

So, before I start everything, I am asking for an opinion from a man who has done it before:
    1. What A4 body donor car should I buy that could be the most practical for installing the 2.7T engine in ?
    2. Does 2.6 V6, 2.8 V6 or other engine installed in donor A4 helps to change less parts in drivetrain - the main drivetrain/shaft parts not talking about big brakes? motor mounts, differential etc ...
    3. Is there any difference in the year of A4 ? (96 or late 99?) I've found that there is only changes in the exterior of the car like front doors (moldings), door handles, engine hood, front glasses etc? Is there any differences in the drivetrain?
    4. What is the difference between A6 2.7T engine and B5 S4 2.7T ? Is there many differences that's not allowing one to tune the engine like S4 2.7T ?
    5. I don't have much experience in 2.7T engine tuning , only 2.2T 20V, but what's the main upgrade path looks like for the S4 2.7T giving the power levels after the rs4 power? ECU/Turbos/Rods/cams/downpipes etc.?

I'd be grateful for ANY kind of information that You could provide for me! Thanks in advance and best regards!
    Also it would be great if someone could point on people that has done it before (A4 to S4 or S4 to rs4 projects)
    Krists from Latvia (Lettland)

Audi S4 / GT30R / MSNS-E / etc etc etc

• Hello and welcome @Audi4ever!!

We have one here in the forum who had done the exterior work on an a4 to a rs4 (limo). The result is amazing. I don´t know his nickname. I hope he write himself.

The 2.7t from the a6 has "only" 250hp, the same engine of the s4 has 15hp more. And the rs 4 has the same engine too but with 340hp (i guess?!?). I think it´s better to use the engine from the s or the rs4 for less problems with the built in.

The difference between the 96 to the 99 model we call "facelift".
    It´s like you say only exterior. Same engines....

Last but not least: I think the name of the person with the a4 rs4 is" RS4 B5 Limo", search for him in the "Fahrerdatenbank".

• Thanks for the welcome guys! This forum is really cool - haven't found so much info on 2.7T anywhere else :)
    P.S. I hope english language is not a problem for you guys , that are installing these engines in their cars now (I meant - Audili , jackthii) or maybe they haven't been online? :D

• If you want further information directly from some people then write them! When they are online they will answer.

My english is not the best but i try. The problem is my knowledge about changing into 2.7t. Never done some thing like this before.

Good luck with your project - I stay tuned :applause:

Audi S3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

• Thanks, Lordoftherings! The people I was looking for are very helpful guys - I contacted them directly allready! I love this forum! :applause: